Dr Debra DupreeRelationships at Work, Inc.
Debra is a dynamic and engaged speaker, never failing to excite her audience. She has nearly 30 years of professional experience as an accomplished corporate consultant and keynote speaker. Companies such as Teradata, Yamaha, Stanford University, Cal Western School of Law, and the Department of Navy have called upon her to “train their trainers” as well as coaching leaders at every level around the world. Debra is a Business Coach and Relationship Consultant delivering leadership solutions to organizations, teams, and individuals. She designs and implements training programs for professional development,and guides organizations through strategic change. Debra is a graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara with her Master’s Degree in Education / Counseling Psychology (1982) and achieved her Doctorate in Psychology through Ryokan College, Los Angeles (2014).
You won’t be disappointed when Dr. Dupree is leading your group! Nothing but spectacular results flow from her guided interaction!
She has a unique business and personal development background and speaks to both personal and professional development. With over 20 years as a professional mediator, she has a unique perspective about what makes people tick, what goes wrong in communication, and the unknown personal habits that we develop that often get in the way of success. Her speaking topics focus on managing the risky business of bad bossing, managing 360 (up, down and all around), with particular emphasis on the female professional.
Positive Persuasion and Overcoming Fear:
People who hate salespeople think they are trying to convince them to do something they don’t want to do. How does this view differ from positive persuasion and influence? How do you overcome fear through self-awareness and emotional intelligence? On this episode, Dr. Debra Dupree shares on communication, emotional intelligence, and how to give prospects a sense of security when you talk to them.
What we see and hear activates the backs of our brains before it gets to the top of our brains where it makes sense. -Dr. Debra Dupree
Takeaways + Tactics
The more emotional intelligence you have, the higher and faster your career/business rises.
To be a more effective listener, remember the sounds of the BEACH: beliefs, expectations, assumptions/attitudes, concerns/challenges and hopes.
Before you take an action ask yourself how you want to feel on the other side of the decision.
If you don’t feel like you’re the expert be the student that shares.
Dr. Debra also shared on:
-The body language identifiers that tell you about a DISC profile
-Why raising your EQ increases your success
-How mantras help shift your brainwaves
-How to be powerfully persuasive and influential
-The connection between listening and silence
When it comes to positive persuasion and even overcoming your own fear, awareness is half the battle. Once you know your physiological and emotional signs of fear, you can use reflection to identify the source of the feeling, and realize it’s just a sensation. This takes emotional intelligence. Awareness also serves you well in tailoring your communication to a specific person. The key is listening, looking at body language and knowing if the prospect is focused on the what, who, how or why. Remember to listen for the sounds of the BEACH, and also explore their fears, values and needs.
Debra has for years been fascinated with makes people tick, at work and at home. She became a therapist, a mediator, a professor and doctor of psychology. She is now a public speaker and author. To reach out to Debra and get her coaching materials go to http://relationships-at-work.com/ or follow her on Twitter @RTMCoach.
- Overcoming Fear with Positive Persuasion
- Fixing Your People Problems
- Designing the Emotionally Intelligent Workspace
- Managing 360: Up, Down and All Around
- The Introvert’s Guide to Success
- The Risky Business of Bad Bossing
- The Science of Compassion
- Also inquire about customized topics
Past Speaking Engagements
- Honor Flight Annual Summit, Baltimore, MD
- La Jolla STAR, La Jolla, CA
- Association of Women in Science (AWIS), San Diego, CA
- American Society of Safety Engineers, San Diego, CA
- Hewlett Packard, Palo Alto
- Speakers Adventure, Encinitas, CA
- San Francisco Small Business Administration, San Francisco, CA
- Blue Shield, San Francisco, CA
- Oracle, Rocklin, CA
- Imperial Valley Human Resources Association, Imperial, CA
- Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
- Athens Administration, Concord, CA
- Risk Insurance Management Association, La Jolla, CA
- Positive Persuasion & Overcoming Fear with Dr. Debra Dupree
- My Slde Shows:
- Dealing with Bad Bosses & Life in Balance WMAX.TV
- The Solution to Dealing with ‘Bad Bosses’ on WMAX.TV
- The Power of Connections
- How to Expose your Emotional Intelligence
- Honor Flight Keynote
- STAR La Jolla Keynote
- Science of Compassion
- Your Emotional Potential for Healthy Living: Six Tips for Managing Up with a Bad Boss
- The Risky Business of Bad Bossing
- The Risky Business of Bad Bossing 2
- Emotional Intelligence for Professional Success: What I Learned From Dr. Debra Dupree of Relationships at Work
- How to Fix Your People Problems
- Path to Profit Podcast for Creative Entrepreneurs: Leadership vs. Management
- How to get Unstuck from your Rut
- Stop Running from Conflict and Learn How to Address It